CORA is the only agency in San Mateo County solely dedicated to helping those affected by intimate partner abuse. From counseling, to emergency housing, to legal assistance, our services are designed to provide safety, support, and healing.
CORA seeks motivated volunteers to join our diverse agency in helping us end intimate partner abuse and bring hope to life.
Front Desk Receptionist Volunteer Opportunity
*We are looking for compassionate front desk support volunteers to join our wonderful community*
Summary: Are you looking for a warm, friendly place to volunteer where you can make a difference in the community and in the lives of others? Then CORA is your place! The Volunteer Receptionist/Front Desk opportunity teaches the volunteer all aspects of the front desk position, and ultimately as a volunteer you will be helping our organization meet our mission by connecting those in a time of need with meaningful services at CORA. As well, by using your skills you will be helping CORA elevate our customer service. In this role, you will meet our passionate and diverse staff, you will help victims of domestic violence, and finally you will be helping change the lives of others.
- Interest and love of activities involving in customer services
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Welcome clients to main facility for appointments or walk-in requests
- Mail sorting and package delivery
- Telephone reception experience
- Demonstrated ability to keep sensitive client information confidential
- Ability to exercise good judgment and independent thinking
- Preferred bilingual ability in written and spoken English/Spanish
Approximate Number of Hours: We are looking for a minimum commitment of 6-months. The immediate need is for coverage Wednesdays from 4pm to 7pm. On Mondays we could use (optional) support from 4pm to 5:30pm.